Respect for your privacy is our core principle. From the moment we started Jugl Inc., we’ve aspired to build our Services with strong privacy principles in mind.
Please also read Jugl Inc.’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
Information We Collect:
Jugl Inc. receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
- Your Account Information: You provide your mobile phone number to create a Jugl account. You provide us the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. You may also add other information to your accounts, such as a profile name, profile picture, status message, gender, address, date of birth, marital status, anniversary date, family relationship, business name, business address, service and other details.
- Your Messages: We do not retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) are delivered, they are deleted from our servers. Your encrypted messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 30 days as we attempt to deliver it. If a message is remains undelivered after 30 days, we delete it. To improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, such as when many people are sharing a popular photo or video, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period of time. We also offer end-to-end encryption for our Services, which is activated by default, when you and the people with whom you share messages use a version of our app released after April 1st, 2021. End-to-end encryption means that your messages are encrypted to protect against Jugl Inc. and third parties reading them.
- Your Connections: To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of your contacts for you, and you can create, join, or be added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists become associated with your account information.
- Your Contacts: With your permission Jugl may optionally learn which contacts in your address book are current users, while also protecting the privacy of your contacts. Information regarding the contacts on your device is cryptographically hashed, transmitted to theJugl server,and registration status is then determined.
- Location Data: If you choose to share your location within a chat, the data is treated like any other messages you send in Jugl. If you share your Live Location within any chat, Juglwill use your data to display your location to the Jugl users with whom you choose to share it, even if the app is closed – for as long as these optional features remain activated.
- Media & Files: When you send photos, videos or files via chat,each item is encrypted with a separate key - not known to the server - before being uploaded. This key along with the file’s location are then encrypted a second time — and sent to your recipient(s) who can then download and decipher the file. That file is technically stored on one of Jugl’s servers but,to everyone except you and the recipient, itis just a piece of random, indecipherable data. This data is only stored on the Jugl server until it is delivered to the recipient(s). Once delivered, the data is deleted from our server.
- Camera & Video Permissions: Granting this device access permission allows Juglto access your device’s camera in order to capture images/video from the device as well asphotos and videos stored on your device. Once this access permission is granted, Juglcan access photos and videos saved on your device, as well as save new photos and videos on your device that other users may send you. Several Jugl features require us to collect images or other information from your device’s camera and photos, and you won’t be able to send or upload photos or videos from your camera unless you have granted Jugl permission to access them.
- Customer Support: You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
- Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information: We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information: If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- Status Information: We collect information about your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether you are online (your “online status”), when you last used our Services (your “last seen status”), and when you last updated your status message.
- Third-Party Information
- Information Others Provide About You: We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you.
- Third-Party Providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third-Party Services: We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them; for example, if you use the Jugl share button on a news service to share a news article with your Jugl contacts, groups, or broadcast lists on our Services, or if you choose to access our Services through a mobile carrier’s or device provider’s promotion of our Services. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
How we Use Information:
We use all the information we collect to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Safety and Security: We verify accounts and activity and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- Communications About Our Services: We communicate with you about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services.
- Commercial Messaging: We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using Jugl, such as through advertisement, orders, transactions, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive flight status information for upcoming travel, a receipt for something you purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spam-filled experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
Information You and We Share
- You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Account Information: Your phone number, profile name, photo, online status, other profile information and status message, last seen status, and receipts may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- Your Contacts and Others: Users with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the block feature in our Services to manage the users of our Services with whom you communicate and manage what personal information you want to share.
- Third-Party Providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
- Third-Party Services: When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
Assignment, Change of Control, And Transfer
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Services Settings. You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Changing Your Mobile Phone Number, Profile Name and Picture, and Status Message. You must change your mobile phone number using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new mobile phone number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture, and status message at any time.
Law and Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Jugl Inc
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy
2770 Main Street, Suite 93
Frisco, TX 75033
The United States of America